JoomlaDay Australia will be hosting Joomla! Administration Certification for the first time in Australia. Come for the conference and get Joomla! Certified!
The Joomla! Administrator Exam is the first available Joomla! certification exam. It covers topics related to the everyday use of building, managing and maintaining Joomla! websites.
Topics covered by the Joomla! Administrator Exam:
- Joomla! Architecture
- Preparing and installing Joomla!
- Website Structure
- Managing and Editing Articles
- Managing Users and Access (ACL)
- Managing Menus
- Security and Maintenance
- Upgrading the System
- Managing Extensions
- Multilingual Sites
- No PHP, CSS or FTP knowledge necessary
For more information, please visit the official Joomla! Certificate site https://certification.joomla.org
You must bring your own laptop to sit the exam. Please ensure your system meets the minimum technical requirements as follows:
- Supported Windows platforms: Windows 7 and above
- Supported OS X platforms: 10.7 and above
- 2GB RAM
- Wireless Internet Connection (at least 1Mbps - provided via the venue but please ensure you have wireless functionality)
* Linux is currently not supported because a Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is not available for Linux. Similarly, iPads and Android tablets are not supported.
- Buy your ticket to JoomlaDay Australia 2017!
- Visit https://exam.joomla.org/buy to purchase your exam (exam price is not a part of the JoomlaDay ticket price). You will need to create an account.
The global base list price of an exam is USD$100. However, the Australian price is set at USD$55. Please apply code aust2017s during the exam purchase process to have USD$45 deducted from the global price.
Please only use this code for the JoomlaDay Australia 2017 exam on 17 June 2017 at 3.30pm AEST - if you try to use it on a different event, your enrolment will be suspended.
- You must bring your own device to sit the exam. After purchasing the exam, you will be instructed to install the Safe Exam Browser (SEB). The link to install this is available via your login at exam.joomla.org (see step 1). There will be a session prior to the exam at JoomlaDay Australia 2017, to ensure you have done this correctly.
- Exams are available to purchase from now until 2 days prior to event date - ie until 15 June 2017. You will not be able to purchase exams on the event date.
What to Know
- Make sure you study! Even if you've been using Joomla! since the early days, it doesn't mean the exam will be easy to pass.
- The exam covers core Joomla! material only, no 3rd party extensions. If you aren't up to speed on things like core templates, TinyMCE, multi-language or ACL, it's time to get studying.
- There is a demo exam available at exam.joomla.org (once you've registered) - however, this only demonstrates the exam format, not actual questions. The best way to study is to utilise the Learning Guide.
- The exam consists of 60 questions in 90 minutes. Some questions are true/false, some are multiple choice format. Many questions require you to "select all that apply" to get that answer correct.
- The required pass rate is 80%.
- You will be notified of your results as soon as you submit your answers. If you pass, you will appear in the Joomla! Certified User Directory (so choose a nice photo!).
Here is a good article that outlines the personal experience of an attendee at JoomlaDay Tampa in February: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-certification
And here is a presentation from #JAB17 which outlines the program - Everything you need to know about Joomla! Certification